Skip to main content
Southwestern Kale Salad
- 6 cups curly kale, de-stemmed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup Long & Scott Farms Corn Kernels
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups Juniper Brown Rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup Poca's Hottest or Fat Cat Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup The Villages Grown cilantro
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2–3 tbsp hummus
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of herbed Sea salt
- Cook the brown rice per manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a small saucepan, heat the black beans on MEDIUM for 3–5 minutes until hot.
- Microwave 1 cup of frozen corn kernels in a shallow, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Chop kale, then massage for a few minutes to soften. Chop onion.
- Combine all dressing ingredients into a small blender or a food processor; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the beans, corn, onion, and dressing. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of cooked warm brown rice to a bowl. Top with chopped kale, then the bean and corn mixture. Serve and enjoy.