Southwestern Kale Salad
- 6 cups of The Villages Grown curly kale, de-stemmed and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of organic frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2–3 tbsp of hummus
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of herbed Sea salt
- Cook the brown rice per manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a small saucepan, heat the black beans on MEDIUM for 3–5 minutes until hot.
- Microwave 1 cup of frozen corn kernels in a shallow, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- Chop kale, then massage for a few minutes to soften. Chop onion.
- Combine all dressing ingredients into a small blender or a food processor; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the beans, corn, onion, and dressing. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of cooked warm brown rice to a bowl. Top with chopped kale, then the bean and corn mixture. Serve and enjoy.