Pumpkin Squash Soup
- 2 LFN onions*, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Brethren Amish butter*
- 1 tablespoon 15 Olives EVOO*
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 - 1 1⁄2lb LFN butternut squash*, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth or preferred stock
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Florida Pure salt*, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or coconut milk
- Craize crackers: Sweet corn or Coconut*
- Plymouth cheese*
- Fresh Gourmet Croutons*
- Sweet Cayenne Peanuts Natty’s Nuts*
- The Villages Grown Wellness Blend
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, sauté onions in butter and oil for 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, squash, broth or stock, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until squash is very tender.
- Process mixture until smooth with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- Add half-and-half and reheat slowly over low heat: add remaining salt to taste.
- Top with Plymouth cheese, croutons, Craize crackers, nuts, and The Villages Grown Microgreens, if desired.
For a quicker prep time: use Butternut Bisque Soup Mix**
Find all items with (*) at The Villages Grown Store in the Market at Sawgrass Grove