Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound Villages Grown Heirloom tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon light brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- ½ tablespoon basil, chopped
- ½ tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ ounce fresh oregano, 3 sprigs whole
- 1 lemon, ½ finely shave 3 strips of skin, other ½ grated.
- ½ teaspoon flake salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a baking tray large enough to fit all
the tomatoes together snugly.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until they are beginning to
blister and liquid is bubbling. Then broil in oven
for 6-8 minutes until tomatoes start to blacken