“Morning Glory” Tofu Scramble
- 1 (14 oz) container of firm (or extra firm) organic tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth (optional)
- 1/4 tsp fresh or ground turmeric
- 1–2 tsp of Fresh Jax Tofu Scramble spice mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz fresh The Villages Grown spinach
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/2 pint The Villages Grown cherry tomatoes, halved
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Drain and press tofu between paper towels to release as much liquid as possible.
- Heat olive oil in a medium non-stick pan; crumble the tofu into the hot pan, add seasoning, and mix well. Heat through.
- In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes. Use broth or water to prevent sticking, if needed. Add tofu crumbles and blend.
- Add a handful of spinach and 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast for a “cheesy” tasting spinach and mushroom scramble. Add additional seasoning as desired.
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and serve with whole grain toast.