Smoky “TLT” with Tempeh Bacon
- 1 (8 oz) package of Arto Moro Tempeh
- 1/4 cup of Braggs liquid amino (or low sodium tamari)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 head The Villages Grown green multileaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup mixed The Villages Grown microgreens
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Slice the tempeh in half, then cut into thin slices on the longer side.
- Place tempeh in a sauté pan with 1 cup of filtered water and bring to a boil. Cook until the water is gone (at least 10 minutes).
- While the Tempeh is cooking, mix the Braggs (or tamari) and remaining ingredients. Marinate tempeh for several hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook until nicely browned on both sides, roughly 5 minutes each side. Toast the multi-grain bread.
- Spread vegan mayo evenly on both slices of the toast. Top one slice with tomatoes, lettuce, tempeh bacon, and mixed microgreens. Add other slice of toast mayo-side down.