Swiss Chard Rainbow Wraps
with Spiced Tahini Dressing
- 6–7 large The Villages Grown rainbow chard leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3–4 tbsp of spiced tahini sauce
Spiced Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup (56 g) tahini
- 1/2 tsp each: chili powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4–1/2 cup hot water, as needed
- 1 tsp of tamari or Braggs Liquid Amino
- Chop off the stems of the rainbow chard at the point where they meet the leaf. Set aside.
- In a large pot, add 3 cups of water and bring to a light boil. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for tahini dressing in a small blender; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once the water is boiling, add chard leaves and keep them in for about 20 seconds, or until they are soft. Remove from the pot and pat dry with a paper towel, set aside to cool.
- To assemble the wraps, place a large leaf of rainbow chard down. Add bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, and red cabbage. Drizzle 1 tsp tahini inside. Fold in the two sides of the leaf over the toppings and roll up (similar to a burrito).
- Serve with spiced tahini dressing on the side for dipping.